Monogenic Diabetes Training Course
“Monogenic Diabetes – right diagnosis, right treatment”
Date to be confirmed for January 2019
The Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel, Exeter, England
This two day course on Monogenic Diabetes is aimed at consultants, SpRs and experienced DSNs, and is designed to help busy clinicians recognise and treat patients with MODY and other forms of monogenic diabetes. It will focus on the current practices and new developments in the management of monogenic diabetes.
The programme will include plenary lectures on major topics delivered by Prof. Andrew Hattersley and his team of international experts. Separate small group case-based discussions will focus on key themes. There will be ample opportunity for interaction, networking and multi-disciplinary team development.
Day 1: Common forms of monogenic diabetes
- Strategies to diagnose monogenic diabetes
- Recognising and managing the different forms of MODY: including HNF1A, HNF4A and GCK
- Management of MODY in pregnancy
- Managing treatment change in monogenic diabetes
Day 2: Rarer and more complex forms of monogenic diabetes
- Complex genetic syndromes with diabetes
- Inherited causes of insulin resistance, including lipodystrophy and insulin receptor mutations
- Neonatal diabetes: genetic causes and effective management
- Genetic testing in the future
Approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 14 category 1 (external) CPD credits.
Feedback from delegates attending previous Monogenic Diabetes Training Courses included:
- “Best course I’ve attended bar none, thank you”
- “Remains the best course of classification/MODY in the world”
- “An extremely worthwhile and valuable course. I would definitely recommend to my registrar colleagues.”
Registration for this event is not yet open for 2019.
Places are limited, and we were oversubscribed in previous years, so early registration is advised to avoid disappointment.
For more information, please contact the Course Coordinator Becky Dobbs on email@example.com or telephoning +44 1392 408182.