Training Course “Right diagnosis, right treatment” Wed 20th – Thurs 21st Oct 2021
The next Monogenic Diabetes Training Course “Right diagnosis, right treatment” hosted by Prof Andrew Hattersley and Prof Maggie Shepherd will take place on Wednesday 20th – Thursday 21st – October 2021 online in a virtual format.
Registration has now closed for the course.
Please email Becky Dobbs to register your interest in the next course R.A.Dobbs@exeter.ac.uk
Dates of Event
20th October 2021 – 21st October 2021
Last Booking Date for this Event
11th October 2021
This two day virtual course on Monogenic Diabetes is aimed at consultants, SpRs and experienced DSNs, and is designed to help busy clinicians recognise and treat patients with MODY and other forms of monogenic diabetes. It will focus on the current practices and new developments in the management of monogenic diabetes.
The programme will include plenary lectures on major topics delivered by Prof. Andrew Hattersley and his team of international experts.
Approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 8 category 1 (external) CPD credits.
Programme Highlights include:
- Strategies to diagnose monogenic diabetes
- Recognising and managing the different forms of MODY: including HNF1A, HNF4A and GCK
- Management of MODY in pregnancy
- Managing treatment change in monogenic diabetes
- Complex genetic syndromes with diabetes
- Neonatal diabetes: genetic causes and effective management
- Inherited causes of insulin resistance, including lipodystrophy and insulin receptor mutations
- Genetic testing in the future
2021 Virtual Rates:
Due to financial support from NHS England we are able to offer free places to attend this virtual course to diabetes healthcare professionals working in England.